Monday, June 1, 2009

Losing Loved Ones....


So today my Grandma died. It was unexpected and a shock. She died in her sleep. I miss her so much already.

I have seen many people die. Especially when I was in Africa. I actually saw children take their last breaths in front of me. But I've never experienced anyone close to me dying. It is much rawer. More painful.


This makes me only more certain that losing someone close, having someone die, is extremely painful no matter where you live; no matter how many family members you have die. A death is a death. And it is not different here versus Africa. This makes me even sadder about what happened in Africa. I can't imagine the pain that the mothers feel losing their children. Or the children feel losing their parents.

Someone dying in Africa should mean something more, not less. Doctors should care and fight death. People should weep and mourn. Just as we do here. Just as we do for my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment