Friday, March 27, 2009

Flying high

So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in that my flight was upgraded! Many thanks to my mom's cousin Phil who works at british airways. It was upgraded not once but twice! What does that mean? Oh it means free champagne. It means having a seat that extends completely flat to a bed. It means having 4 windows on the plane. It means having a 3 course meal of duck confit, braised beef ribs, and a fig tart. And of course the personal screen with unlimited movies, music and tv. I think everyone in this section was wondering what the heck I was doing here. I left Seattle on the most beautiful of nights. The sun had just set, reflecting off the water, and the sky was clear enough to see mountains on all sides. It is very surreal that I am really off to England and then to Zambia. I’m feeling much less nervous since I’ve been on the plane…but maybe that’s just all the champagne. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment